Saturday, October 2, 2010

Taste of GW - Goerge Washington University Alumni Weekend

I decided to participate in another taste event - this time at my alma mater - The George Washington University. They were having Alumni weekend and had this great event to showcase restaurants and food establishments owned and operated by GW alum.I was excited to participate and also try other GW alums food as well. They did the event on the university grounds in a big tent and it was very lovely and the weather that day was perfect.
Warren Brown of CakeLove was there as he is a GW graduate from the law school. He is very famous and has been on TV and is a published author. I got to meet him and he was super nice. He has 6 locations in the DC metro area. I was happy to have my product in the same place as his so people could get a side by side comparison.Many people told me that our cupcakes were better than his and that made me super happy! It was a huge success and we didn't have any cupcakes to take home with us when it was over.
The family was there and they had a great time tasting and participating in the fun event.

0 comments: