Saturday, October 16, 2010

More Fall Fun - Belvedere Plantation

I am a sucker for those fall farm festivals and I drag the family with me to any fun and interesting one I can find. Thankfully, they seem not to mind! Belvedere is one that we go almost every year and we love it because we get to ride out into the pumpkin patch and pick our own pumpkins.They also have a lot of activities and thing to do with the kids that they can enjoy. My favorite thing there is the apple cider slushies they make. I look forward to drinking one every year and this year I got greedy and drank two!The girls had a great time and we tried to do as many things as possible. It was warm for October and so being outside was nice.On our way home from all the fun, we took the scenic route - this is also something I love doing. I prefer to see more stuff when we take a nice long drive and if we have the time I always ask to take the long and scenic rout. This time on our way home, we passed by a sign for George Washington's birthplace. It was late in the day and it was closed but we decided we will have to come and check it out next time.

0 comments: