Friday, October 29, 2010

Natalia's Pirate Paaaaaarrrrrty

See Natalia turn 30. See Natalia get diagnosed with Eye Cancer. See Natalia fight the cancer through treatments. See Natalia beat the cancer. See Natalia turn 31 and celebrate Pirate Style.
Earlier this year my cousin Natalia was diagnosed and treated for a rare form of cancer - eye cancer. It was shocking and scary but she hung in there and is now in remission. She told us all that if she got through it she would celebrate her 31st birthday pirate style (get it? eye patch?)
She had a great party in DC that we were invited to and she asked that we all dress as pirates. It was super fun and I had fun being able to have a fun night with my husband sans kids.Natalia was super happy and she glowed. It was awesome to be there to celebrate her and her life. She is one of the most vibrant and happy people I know and I am in awe of her.
As a special gift to her, I designed and made her a cake that fit the occasion. She loved it and everyone at the bar was asking where it came from. Some people thought it came from Duff's shop. I laughed and was happy to have been able to do that for her.It was also fun to be there with my uncle and aunt and cousin Fernando. When we showed up we realized that my uncle and aunt had bought the same costumes as Lorne and myself. It was hilarious!All in all, it was a fun night to celebrate Natalia!

0 comments: