Friday, October 9, 2009

Oktoberfest & Tia Susana's Birthday

My mother called me and informed me that she was going to be playing the accordion at my uncle and aunt's restaurant and wondered if I wanted to come and watch. I thought it was great because my grandfather played the accordion and she hardly ever takes it out to play. She thought it was going to be a horribly challenging performance but I had faith in her.I managed to escape the confines of the cakery I own long enough to go down to The City Square Cafe for some fine dinner and German folk music on the accordion. It was very festive with the green plastic German hats.The food was excellent and the company was great as well. I don't have to tell you that my mother in an incredibly talented woman and the music was great too.
To cap off a great night, we celebrated my aunt's birthday and had some family laughs. All in all a great night even though I had to go back to the shop to finish some orders!

0 comments: