Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ohio Adventures - Day 2

We didn't want to drive back right away and since the bakery is closed on Mondays, we decided to stay through Sunday and drive back on Monday. We needed a day of family time where we could hang out together and not be rushed by schedules or feeling like we needed to see things.
We had brunch with Amy & Steven in the morning and then they had other commitments so we had the day for ourselves.
The first order of business after our late morning/afternoon brunch was to go to Graeters and have some ice cream. Graeters is my favorite place in Ohio to have ice cream and they are famous for their amazingly creamy ice cream. My favorite flavor is the Black Raspberry Chip and I always get that flavor. This day was no different. It was delicious as always and Jasmine, true to form chose chocolate - Lorne had a flavor with the chocolate chunks in it too although I don't remember which he had.As we were driving around, a large field full of cars caught our eyes and we realized that the Ohio State Fair was going on. We decided that would be a very fun thing to do as a family, so we went.
It was indeed a good time. We saw so many things and ate too many things. We checked out the arts and crafts, the cake competition (of course). Jasmine had a great time petting the animals and feeding them at the petting zoo and riding rides.We also watched the teens pig competition and saw some mighty fine pigs. Jasmine was the one who insisted that we stay and watch the whole competition. It was interesting - I had never seen something like that before. Jasmine was enthralled by the sheep shearers and we saw lots of fun animals including geese and chicks.We saw a great butter sculpture that was truly something - a work of art.Ava was a sweetie throughout the whole thing - she was either strapped to Mommy or Daddy and she was a perfect angel.The best - or worst part was what we ate. We took in so much State Fair food it was embarrassing. We had fried cheese on a stick, mini fried donuts, a giant eclair, Fried Smores on a stick, cotton candy, pot roast sundae and more that I can't even remember. Combined with the earlier ice cream, we were hogs and fit to be shown at the fair! Boy did I pay for it that night - I had never had indigestion before and so I didn't know what it felt like. All of a sudden I got this burning pain in my chest that wouldn't go away and I was scared that I was having a heart attack. Lorne informed me that it was not a heart attack, it was indeed indigestion and I hate that feeling...I made a note to self that next time, I go easier on the toxic stuff...Despite that, we still had an amazing time together as a family and I loved our adventure to the Fair.

0 comments: