Friday, August 21, 2009

Fiddler on the Roof

My best friend Cindy came out of hiding to perform on the stage again. That is how we met about 6 years ago - on the stage doing Evita. After having her precious Eleana and starting her home daycare business, she hasn't had a lot of time for performing.
We decided to make the long drive in the outskirts of Maryland to watch her perform. I love this musical. I played in the pit orchestra for it when I was a freshman in high school and I always wanted to perform in it - I don't think there is a song in the show I don't like.Well, Cindy was great and the show was excellent. It was very much worth the trip. We left Jasmine behind with her grandparents and we took Ava as she is still nursing and she would have missed 2 feedings. We had a romantic dinner at McDonalds before the show and when the show was over, it was pouring down rain.It was all worth it to see an amazing show and my dear friend. Maybe one day soon I can grace the stage again with her and w can relive old times!

0 comments: