Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wise Men Day

Coming from a multicultural background, I was raised in an environment where we had some traditions that were different than everyone else I knew. One of these is the observance of Wise Men Day which happens on the 6th of January. This is the day that the Wise Men reach baby Jesus and shower him with the gifts of Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh.
Traditionally in South America, the night before, you put out a shoe for the Wise Men to fill with gifts for you and usually these are way better than what Santa brings on Christmas.My mother and grandmother wanted to do something fun for the grandchildren so we brought over the girls' shoes and ours the night before for the Wise Men to fill.We went to my mom's house the next night (January 6th) to see what the wise men had brought us. It was so fun and Jasmine and Roman were so excited. Everyone dove in and at the end of the evening there were smiles all around. Thank you Wise Men!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I wanted more posts - I didn't know they would all come in a flood! Looks fantastic.
So, quick question... was there ever any chance of missing the boat and what would happen then?
I just wonder, if you went off on one of your excursions and got delayed for whatever reason, what happens?
I don't know why my mind works this way!
;-)