Sunday, August 24, 2008

Kensington Arts Theatre Annual Gala

Lorne and I decided to go support our amazing friends Kevin & Cindy Zarcone - no doubt all you faithful readers know to whom I am referring. They have been long time supporters and heavily involved in the Kensington Arts Theatre, a community theater located in Kensington, MD. They host a gala every year as a fundraiser and they have food, drink and a silent auction as well as live entertainment by people involved with the group.Cindy and Kevin were performing and so we decided this would be a nice way to spend a Saturday evening. Jasmine spent the evening with her grandparents so that was great for her. Lorne and I got dolled up and went seeking fun times.We found them, we had a nice time, the food was good albeit a bit sparse and the entertainment was good too. They had a Broadway performer there - Brad Oscar who had played the lead on Broadway for the show the Producers and he was funny and very talented. Cindy and Kevin did great - I especially enjoyed the number they sung together.
We bid on and won 4 tickets to the last pre-season Redskins game - which we gave to Ryan and Martin as a thank you gift later (more on that in the next post). It was really fun and reminded me that someday I would love to get back on the stage. I do so love to be in the spotlight!

2 comments:

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

Wow, you managed to get the one shot that I didn't blink in. :)

Thanks again for coming. We love you guys bunches and are so glad we can support each other - what are friends for anyways? :)

xoxo,
C

Emmy said...

I love the dress you're wearing in these pictures! Where did you get it? YOu look beautiful!