Saturday, August 30, 2008

Jasmine's New Playground

In July I worked VERY hard to convince Lorne that Jasmine just had to have a playground in the backyard. Don't ask why I feel so strongly about this, I am sure it has something to do with wanting as many fun things for her to be able to do at home. Also, we have such a huge backyard and it is going to waste without us actually adding some interest to it.
Lorne consented as long as we used the wilderness space behind Preston's fenced in yard. I agreed that it would be a great spot and I would be able to see Jasmine from the kitchen windows that way.
We hired a landscaper and he cleared the land, built a wooden frame where the playground would be built and put sod all over the cleared land. Then, my brother Ryan, my dad and Martin (Casey's sister's boyfriend), came over and began building the playground. They worked for 2 Saturdays and have one more to go before the whole thing is built and ready for play. Here are some fun pics of the guys building Jasmine's playground. I will post pics when the whole thing is completed.

2 comments:

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

We are skipping the big playground and putting in a Little Tyke playset. I have decided that I need something that I don't have to chase kids on and that is good for the little tykes (get it?) hehe....

I am sure Jasmine will love the final product!

xoxo,
C

Shelly said...

How fun. We can't wait to see it.