Tuesday, December 11, 2007

So unbelievably Proud!

Jasmine takes a bow after an 'unofficial' performance in public at the Manassas tree lighting! She sang Jingle Bells for anyone caring to listen!


Well, Jasmine debuted as a singer this past Sunday in public! I was asked to do a special musical number for church and also asked to do one next week also so I didn't want to do anything elaborate. I decided it would be fun to see if Jasmine would perform in public. Lorne and I discussed it and we set out to teach her Away in a Manger. Well, she learned the first verse and the Asleep chorus. Lorne played the piano for us so it was a whole Campbell family effort.
Sunday came and she was ready. I had decided that I would not force her. If she came up and the music started and I was singing alone, that would be fine. I prepped her by asking her if she was going to sing with Mommy and she gave me an enthusiastic YES! When it was our turn I asked her if she was ready (as we were getting out of our pew) and she said very loudly, "I'm ready!" as she bounced up to the stand.
They put a stool in front of the microphone that she could stand on and I stood next to her. She was perfect. The music started and she wanted to begin singing during the into but I whispered to her not yet. Then when it was time, we sang the song together. She didn't fidget, she didn't grab the mic or yell into it, she didn't freeze up. She was so amazing and a very sweet Spirit filled the room. You could tell by looking out at the congregation that they were touched by her sweet little voice.
As we walked back to our seats, Jasmine exclaimed loudly, "Mommy, I did it! I did it by myself!" and people chuckled. I was happy she didn't try to take a bow!
We got so many compliments afterwards. Everyone told us that Jasmine was a born performer and that she was like her Mommy - they were amazed that a 2 year old girl could learn the song so quickly and sing it so tunefully well and didn't have any fright!
Yes, we bubbled over with awe and admiration for our little girl. I can't believe that Heavenly Father entrusted me with this precious little spirit that brings us so much joy, laughter and love. She makes life worth it and her success and happiness is all I can ever ask for!

2 comments:

Tal gal said...

So cute! Sometimes I wish we could video Sacrament I would have loved to see this.

Libbyann78 said...

how sweet and precious!