Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lindsay's Baby Shower

While we are on the subject of amazing good friends, let me tell you about Lindsay's baby shower. Lindsay and I became friends about a year and a half ago and she also became my employee for a time (we miss her at OC) and since we became so close I offered to throw her a baby shower. You all know I love any excuse to party! It is the Latina in me I suppose.
It was a lot of fun and it was great for Lindsay to get out of her house as she had been home bound trying to reduce contractions and let baby Luke cook in her belly a little longer before coming out to meet us.
I chose a Giraffe theme and it was so cute! The food was yummy ( a big thank you to my husband for making the quiches for us) and the cake was cute too!We played a couple of games. The first one entailed drinking apple juice out of a baby bottle for two minutes and whoever drank the most won. It was so fun to watch them play and the winner (Lindsay's friend Jaime) drunk a lot of juice! I was impressed!The second one was to create a baby out of playdoh to look like what you thought baby Luke would look like. It was really funny and the ladies were super creative. Jeanene won this task with her very shall we say detailed version of a baby boy.Lindsay then cut the cake and opened presents. I had a lot of fun and hope everyone else did too. I just love celebrating babies and new life and friends...it brings me great joy to see people so happy.

0 comments: